Compensation Analyst I
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Human Resources
- Full-Time - Days - 8:30AM-5:00PM Mon-Fri
- Job Grade E08
- Req #: 34060
The Compensation Analyst I provides technical expertise with regard to compensation-related programs and initiatives. Actively manages and implements projects related to compensation and other areas of human resources. Participates in surveys and analyzes resulting market data. Develops, recommends and writes compensation program policies and procedures. Conducts job evaluations and makes recommendations to leaders. Works collaboratively with multiple teams throughout the organization in supporting the mission and values of the organization. Leads meetings as needed and will conduct training and presentations for small as well as large groups of leaders and/or associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- One to three years of experience in human resources with compensation experience preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
Core Job Responsibilities
- 25% Assists with the planning, designing, and implementation of compensation programs, including structure design, market forecasting and large-scale job and/or salary changes based on job markets, organization or division business models, re-engineering and development programs, as appropriate. Gathers research on best practices to support the design and implementation of programs
- 25% Conducts job evaluation. Reviews new or revised job descriptions for appropriate content. Determines salary grade assignment and FLSA status of job.
- 15% Advises recruitment regarding job candidate salaries according to policy and practice.
- 10% Participates in salary surveys, and analyzes resulting data.
- 10% Assists internal and external customers with compensation and human resources related inquiries.
- 5% Interprets federal and state acts, statutes and regulations on compensation issues and recommends appropriate application.
- 5% Assists in the development of communication and training to support human resources and compensation program and objectives. Delivers training and/or presentations as required. Supports major human resources initiatives by providing professional and technical expertise, as required.
- 5% Assists in developing and providing business reports/metrics supporting compensation and human resources programs.
- Other duties as assigned.