Medical Assistant - MGC ICC Reidville Road
This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Medical Group of the Carolinas
- MGC - Immediate Care - Reidville
- Full-Time - Varied Shifts - Rotating Schedule 8a-8p Including Every Other Weekend
- Job Grade 012
- Req #: 35600
The Certified/Registered Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the provider with direct patient care. S/he is educated and trained to perform both administrative and clinical skills in the medical care environment.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience: One to two years of medical office experience is preferred
Certification as Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) is REQUIRED
Current CPR Certification Required
Core Job Responsibilities
· Medical Assistants will measure and record vital signs, take patient medical history and chief complaint and record information accurately in the medical chart
· Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies
· Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization of equipment.
· Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments
· Prepare patient for examination
· Phlebotomy, finger sticks, and collection of other lab specimens
· Assist the provider with exams and minor office surgery
· Adhere to and practice appropriate infection control policies and procedures
· Screens, manages, and follows up telephone messages from patients, referrals, and pharmacies
· Prepare and send prescriptions electronically per provider's orders
· Performs waived lab tests, EKGs, and administers injections
· Applies dressing and remove sutures as ordered by the provider
· Use CPR skills when required
· Dispose of biohazard waste according to state standards
· Maintain OSHA requirements and practice OSHA standards
· Perform accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
· Perform other duties as requested
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas features 235 physicians in 20 specialty areas, and is structured to provide both patients and caregivers the ability to form strong relationships and create medical homes. Medical Group of the Carolinas includes a large number of conveniently-located primary care physician offices, 18 of which have been recognized as Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Homes. It also offers five OB/GYN practices at six locations for women's health, two pediatric practices, as well as experienced specialty providers.