Patient Care Associate
- Spartanburg, SC
- Spartanburg Medical Center
- Resource Pool
- Per Diem - Nights (weekends as needed) - 7:00PM-7:00AM as assigned
- Nursing Support
- Job Grade 008
- Req #: 36459
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Associate (PCA) provides patient focused, non-license care to facilitate quality service and improve patient outcomes. The PCA will document and communicate with team members, in a timely manner, the patient's progress, needs and problems. Additional functions are assigned as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate from an Approved Nursing Assistant course, Multi-Skill Technician program or Clinical Associate Apprenticeship Program Required. Caregiving in assistance with daily ADLS. Hospital experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to speak and write English. Must be able to communicate in a positive manner with patients, families and other health care personnel.
- Must be able to function as a team member throughout the organization. Must be able to respond effectively and calmly in a crisis situation.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.