PRN-Clinical Diet RD
- Greer, SC
- Pelham Medical Center
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Per Diem As Assigned
- Job Grade 021
- Req #: 36629
The Clinical Dietitian will conduct nutrition assessment, monitoring and intervention on early adult to late adult patients on oral diets and on enteral or parenteral nutrition. Assist manager in compliance of the hospital diet office management system and operations of the diet office.
- Bachelors of Food Science, Nutrition or Public Health
- Completion of ADA approved Dietetic internship or equivalent
- Clinical Nutrition Experience
- Nutrition Support Experience
- Registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian in the State of South Carolina
- Masters in Food Science, Nutrition or Public Health
- Nutrition Support Certification
- Weight Management Certification
- Serve Safe Certification
Core Job Responsibilities
- Document nutrition care plans according to policy.
- Complete necessary documentation according to department and hospital policy.
- Ensures policies and procedures comply with our regulatory agencies and HIPAA standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, safety, sanitation and HACCP guidelines.
- Attend patient care rounds and other necessary meetings held for patient care purposes.
- Coordinate and communicate patient nutrition care to physicians, nursing staff and ancillary health care members.
- Provide nutrition counseling or education on oral diets for patient and or patient family members.
- Assist the manager in reviewing, revising and updating patient education materials.
- Provide in services and education for ancillary staff as needed.
- Maintain current nutrition practices through journal review, conferences and /or software courses and programs.
- Participate in performance improvement processes.
- Participate and assists in review and revision of department policies and manuals.
- Provide food safety education for patients and/or patient family members.
- Provide nutrition counseling and education to outpatient nutrition therapy patients.
Additional InformationAs a part of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Pelham Medical Center consists of 48 inpatient rooms and is continuously expanding services to meet the needs of patients. Conveniently located at Westmoreland Road and Highway 14 in Greer, the state-of-the-art facility is a national award winner for its design. The hospital design focuses on both comfort and convenience for patients and visitors. This focus carries over into each patient room with several room features designed to maximize functional efficiency and effectiveness for the patient care team without disturbing the patient.