Financial Analyst I (Epic Contract Modeling)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Financial Analysis & Support
- Full-Time - Days - 8:30AM - 5PM
- Job Grade E11
- Req #: 36636
The Financial Analyst performs the following:
- Helps maintain the insurance contract modeling application in Epic.
- Helps update and maintain various fee schedules and reimbursement models for Medicare and commercial insurance payors.
- Analyzes variances to compare actual to expected reimbursement.
- Works with revenue cycle staff to help resolve issues relating to contract variances.
- Works on various financial analysis projects using the decision support system.
- Completes financial reporting and analysis related to reimbursement, service line profitability, and patient level reporting.
- Assists with improving the cost accounting process.
- Assists in the net revenue component of the annual budget process.
- The position will utilize Microsoft Excel and Access on a routine basis and will need to be an intermediate user of these products.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Required: 3 years of accounting or Finance Experience; 1 year in Health Care setting
- Required: Must be proficient user of Excel and high understanding of database programs
- Required: 4 year degree in Accounting or related field
- Preferred for Senior level roles:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare Administration
- 4 years of accounting or Finance Experience; 2 year in Health Care setting
- CPA / CMA / or HFMA certification i