- Spartanburg, SC
- Medical Group of the Carolinas
- MGC-Ortho Surgery-NG
- Per Diem - Days (weekends as needed) - 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday and possibly a Saturday- as needed
- Clinical Technicians
- Job Grade 018
- Req #: 37066
The Radiologic Technologist will be responsible for performing general radiographic procedures at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed practitioner. The Radiologic Technologist will ensure practice compliance with all SC DHEC Title B Rules and Regulations for Radiation Control.
The Radiologic Technologist serves as a liaison between patients, licensed practitioners, and other members of the support team. Radiologic Technologists must remain sensitive to the needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills. As members of the health care team, Radiologic Technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered by ARRT as an RT ( R )
- SCRQSA Certification
- Current CPR certification
- Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology
- 1-2 years’ experience in a physician practice.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
- Must possess, apply and, maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of imaging equipment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Perform patient care activities such as greeting patient and escorting to the examination room in order to obtain vital signs, height and weight measurements, and medical history.
- Responsible for triaging patients according to severity of need.
- Responsible for performing procedures such as EKGs and pulse oximetry.
- Responsible for setting up surgical trays, cleaning surgical instruments, and sterilization.
- Responsible for administering intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, after demonstrating clinical competency.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and stocking of examination rooms.
- Responsible for reviewing all lab reports, identifying any abnormalities that may be present and alerting the physician to the abnormalities, and ensuring physician signs off on all lab reports.
- Responsible for maintaining the supplies needed to support imaging within the practice by working closely with the Practice Manager to coordinate the ordering process.
- Responsible for scheduling Imaging appointments for patients at other facilities, at the direction of the ordering physician.
- Responsible for calling patients, at the physician’s request, regarding any abnormal lab reports or actions to be taken due to lab results, and documenting discussion in patient’s medical record chart.
- Responsible for managing patient calls related to, but not limited, to the following: returning calls, contacting patient’s pharmacy to fill a prescription ordered by the physician, and contacting insurance companies to obtain referrals/precertification’s when required.
- Maintains open lines of communication with the receptionist for efficient patient, nurse, and physician scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring that all procedures, tests, waivers, etc. are accurately ordered.
- Responsible for attending educational/informative seminars in order to remain current on the latest issues and laws governing medical imaging practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas features 235 physicians in 20 specialty areas, and is structured to provide both patients and caregivers the ability to form strong relationships and create medical homes. Medical Group of the Carolinas includes a large number of conveniently-located primary care physician offices, 18 of which have been recognized as Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Homes. It also offers five OB/GYN practices at six locations for women's health, two pediatric practices, as well as experienced specialty providers.