- Spartanburg, SC
- Restorative Care
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Per Diem - Varied Shifts
- Non-Clinical Support Services
- Job Grade 008
- Req #: 37142
- HS Diploma
Assistant Nutrition is responsible for accurate, expeditious and courteous procession of inpatient food and nutrition needs. Including assisting patient tray line assembly, meal tray distribution, menu and snack selection, distribution, and correction
Cashier function (secondary) Responsible for checking customers through the cash register and maintaining accurate money control. Ensures that customers are greeted and made to feel welcome in the Cafeteria
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication needs of patients, families, and visitors as they pertain to diet, nutrition for, and improving patient outcomes.
- stock nourishments for units and bulk storage area assuring food safety and sanitation guidelines are maintained
- Responsible for dishing area tasks according to standard practices and procedures, cleaning, delivering, setting up and other duties related to food services.
- Participates in the performance improvement and quality assurance process of the department and hospital.
- Responsible for checking customers through the cash register and maintaining accurate money control
- Ensures that the dining and counter areas are kept clean and neat at all times.
- Responsible for accurate opening and closing procedures of the cafeteria.
- Perform kitchen functions as needed per Food Service manager request
Additional InformationAt Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care, we believe that recovery is multi-faceted. Patients need a caring, supportive network of experts to help them heal from conditions that require treatment for an average of 25 days. Our nurturing environment supports each patient through his or her journey. Located in the beautiful foothills of the South Carolina Blue Ridge mountains, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care (SHRC) is a licensed freestanding 97-bed, long term acute-care hospital (LTACH) and a licensed 25-bed skilled nursing facility. SHRC is committed to helping patients reach their optimal health goals. The venue is ideal for patients requiring treatment for pulmonary, cardiac, renal, infectious diseases and complex wound treatment. We provide patients with: Long term acute-care (LTACH): focused on patients with serious medical problems that require special treatment, such as wound care, lung conditions, etc. Skilled Nursing Care: designed to help patients who are in the hospital but need skilled care before being discharged home.