PRN-RN Tier 2 - 1 West Med Surg - Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care
- Spartanburg, SC
- Restorative Care
- Nursing 1 West
- Per Diem - Nights (weekends as needed) - 7pm to 7am
- Job Grade B
- Req #: 37601
Under general supervision, the RN demonstrates and utilizes knowledge and skills to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care through the use of the nursing process based on knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor. Employees are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s involvement in the community we serve.
A PRN Tier 2 Nurse will work on an as-needed basis.
Tier 2 requirements; 1 summer and 1 winter holiday. minimum of 2 shifts every 2 weeks. some weekend shifts required.
1 West is our 11-bed med/surg unit within Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care, a long term acute-care hospital (LTACH). We treat a wide variety of patients with various conditions needing longer term acute care. Our average patient stay is 28-30 days. This is an exciting area to work in for someone who enjoys the acute care setting with extensive variety, while building patient relationships, and having a close-knit, family-like working environment centered around teamwork.
Our long-term, acute care (LTACH) unit focuses on patients with serious medical problems that require special treatment.
Successful intervention requires a comprehensive approach involving often involving numerous professions and technologies. Educating the patient and family is crucial to achieving success and breaking the cycle of readmission. Patients reach their optimal and realistic goals through work, family involvement, and intervention of many professionals.
Our team provides individuals with services on the following conditions:
- Pulmonary disease
- Cardiac disease
- Infectious disease
- Medically complex
- Post trauma
- Renal disease
- Wound care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Baccalaureate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required to work PRN
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or Compact State
- BLS Required
- ACLS and PALS/NRP as determined by Unit patient demographics
Core Job Responsibilities
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Educates peers with a minimum of one in-service per year
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient’s progress or any change in the patient’s condition
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
Additional InformationAt Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care, we believe that recovery is multi-faceted. Patients need a caring, supportive network of experts to help them heal from conditions that require treatment for an average of 25 days. Our nurturing environment supports each patient through his or her journey. Located in the beautiful foothills of the South Carolina Blue Ridge mountains, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care (SHRC) is a licensed freestanding 97-bed, long term acute-care hospital (LTACH) and a licensed 25-bed skilled nursing facility. SHRC is committed to helping patients reach their optimal health goals. The venue is ideal for patients requiring treatment for pulmonary, cardiac, renal, infectious diseases and complex wound treatment. We provide patients with: Long term acute-care (LTACH): focused on patients with serious medical problems that require special treatment, such as wound care, lung conditions, etc. Skilled Nursing Care: designed to help patients who are in the hospital but need skilled care before being discharged home.