Epic Application Coordinator (Beacon)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Physician and Nursing Systems
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E12
- Req #: 37191
EPIC Application Coordinator (Beacon)
The EPIC Application Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the design, build / configuration, testing, validation and ongoing support of the medical oncology module, Epic Beacon. This role will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality, and acquiring / utilizing knowledge of the operational workflows to be implemented with the EPIC system.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or higher or related applicable experience with 5 years Healthcare IT experience with Epic Systems.
- Non-certified medical oncology epic builders must complete required training for module(s), and pass certification within 45 days of completion of training.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field with 7 years of Healthcare IT experience with Epic systems.
EPIC Application Coordinator Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
- Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
- Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
- Review and test new software releases.
Key Abilities for the EPIC Application Coordinator:
- Understanding of the organization and the user community in the application coordinator’s assigned area
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community.