- Union, SC
- Ellen Sagar Nursing Center
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Per Diem - Varied Shifts
- Non-Clinical Support Services
- Job Grade 008
- Req #: 38245
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong computer skills with accuracy in typing; ability to coordinate and file (electronically and paper) alphabetically; excellent professional communication skills.
The Assistant Nutrition is responsible for preparing the food for the residence.
• Responsible for performing the duties of the cook as outlined on the list of job tasks.
• Supervising meal preparation and service
• Inventory foodstuffs and assist FSD in ordering food and supplies
• Assuring safe and sanitary service and clean-up
• Assuring accuracy of Modified and Therapeutic diets
• Assuring timeliness of meal service
• Training new staff
• Managing minor staff issues
• Contacts FSD in case of emergency or with issues that the Cook/Supervisor is not authorized to handle
• Manage other routinely assigned duties
- Responsible for communicating and reporting to supervisor
- Greets and directs residents, family, caregivers and guests in a professional and respectful manner
- Uses the correct telephone protocol in answering calls; direct calls to the appropriate persons in a timely manner; ensure phone messages are legible and distribute promptly; adheres to the policy for utilization of paging system
- Assists Nurse Manager and Charge Nurse with other duties (i.e., filing, updating manuals, etc.)
- Positively and professionally assists as a resource person and liaison for physicians and other departments
- Coordinates and schedules procedures and transportation
- Ensures reports are filed accurately
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance; assures the front desk is attended
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized desk area to facilitate workflow, ensuring confidential and PHI information is properly secured
- Skilled in data entry – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer, printer and fax machines; telephone system
- Routinely maintains standards of the Joint Commission and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns
- Demonstrates compliance with policies regarding HIPAA,HITECH resident and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents’ rights and responsibilities; demonstrates knowledge of the purpose of the Ethics Committee, including referral process
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends unit staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility’s policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Resident/Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional resident/customer situations; responds promptly to resident needs; solicits resident feedback in an attempt to achieve an optimum level of resident care; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to the ideas of others; and is willing to try new solutions and options; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; respectfully helps to educate others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, excellence and attention to detail; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality and excellence.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the goals and values of the organization; benefits organization through outside activities and representation of the company; supports affirmative action and respects diversity; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens for and seeks proper clarification; responds well to questions asked; demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; participates in meetings and enrichment discussions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet appropriate needs; presents numerical data effectively and legibly; and is able to read and interpret written information.