Tech-Sr Med Lab UMC
- Union, SC
- Union Medical Center
- Full-Time 7A - 7P, Mon, Tues, Wed
- Clinical Technicians
- Job Grade 017
- Req #: 38168
Must follow established standards and practices, performs various quantitative and qualitative clinical laboratory studies to comply with physician requests for analysis of various blood, body fluids and tissues, in order to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. In depth technical knowledge of the section assigned.
- Associate degree in the laboratory related science with the completion of an approved technical training program.
- Minimum of three years in a hospital laboratory. In addition, three years of clinical experience in the assigned area.
- MLT registry through ASCP
- Decisions concerning sample collection and handling
- Perform venipuncture, process and receive samples as needed.
- Daily instrument maintenance and quality control
- Sample testing
- Collection and interpretation of data
- Maintenance of accurate records and reporting of data
- Knowledge of critical values
- Must follow established standards and practices, performs various quantitative and qualitative clinical laboratory studies to comply with physician requests for analyses of various blood, body fluids and tissues, in order to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families and visitors ranging in age from neonate-birth to geriatric.
- While these standards are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify add/or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Compliance: understands and complies with the Standards of Behavior and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assist in the planning, directing and monitoring the clinical and administrative activities in various divisions of the laboratory: Transfusion Medicine, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Etc.
- Assist in the problem solving, procedure development and regulatory readiness.
- Possess an in-depth technical knowledge of the section of responsibilities and must perform competently in all areas of the laboratory.
- Ensure that all associates have completed annual CAP competency requirement for your designated area.