Clinical Pharmacist- Mary Black
This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Spartanburg Medical Center
- MB-Pharmacy Services
- Full-Time - Nights (weekends as needed) - 9pm-7am; 7 days on (beginning on Monday ending the following Sunday) 7 days off.
- Job Grade E16
- Req #: 38295
This is a third shift position working 7 days on and 7 days off Monday through Sunday.
- Customer satisfaction
- Supervising and managing shift personnel and physical resources
- Assuring accurate dispensing or pharmaceuticals
- QC/PI activities
- Exemplifying pharmaceutical care ideals
- BS in Pharmacy/Pharm.D.
- Prior experience in health system pharmacy including experience with computer systems and their applications to the clinical and operational aspects of pharmaceutical care required.
- 2-3 years as a Health System Pharmacist (practicing in both the distributive and clinical/decentralized duties) or completed in ASHP accredited PGY1 residency (or eligible).
- Current license (or eligible) to practice pharmacy in S.C.
- Pharmacy extern will work under supervision of licensed pharmacist until license obtained.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Follows attendance, dress, education (including continuing education) and safety polices
- Complies with appropriate regulatory agencies’ requirements, e.g. DHEC, DEA, etc.
- Directs staff and encourages teamwork to ensure department workload duties are correctly assigned throughout the staff on a day to day basis
- Completes appropriate formulary substitutions in order to optimize physical resources
- Initiates and documents appropriate follow-up on problem areas identified on departmental inspections by serving as a resource person for the department
- Participates in departmental and hospital activities such as, departmental in-services, participation in hospital and/or departmental committees. Participates in departmental and hospital activities on performance Improvement
- Completes competency for IV medication and IV Room competency and is assessed of aseptic technique for sterile compounding preparations within established departmental guidelines
- Exercises professional judgment, discretion, and initiates communication with physicians, nurses, and other members of the health care team when there is question of appropriateness or a recommendation for more appropriate therapy to ensure safe medication use and to minimize the risk of medication errors
- Alerts and/or advises physician/nursing of drug-drug interaction, food-drug interaction. Able to identify potential adverse drug reactions, document, and intervene as needed
- Provides clinical dosing/monitoring services on identified high-risk medications and adjusts/advises on result of data that are outside the appropriate parameters/guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.