Sr Patient Access Rep-MGC Occupational Med. Westside
This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Medical Group of the Carolinas
- MGC-Occupational Health-Westside
- Full-Time - Days
- Job Grade 012
- Req #: 38367
Senior Patient Access Representative (SPAR) is responsible for ushering a great experience for all external and internal customers. Representatives will be required to perform patient access activities in support of all Rehabilitation practices. He/she must understand process flows and software technology required to support Rehab office environments as appropriate. He/she must be able to multi-task and be willing assist patients, therapists, managers, and outside departments. The SPAR will float to all Rehab locations for coverage as PAR as needed. He/she will function as back up to Billing/Compliance Specialist. The Director/Manager may assign other duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Minimum five or greater years’ experience in healthcare access, customer service and/or financial setting; Or Minimum two or greater years’ experience as either Patient Access Financial Specialist or Patient Access Specialist; Or Minimum two or greater years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare related field
- Minimum three or greater years’ experience as either Patient Access Financial Specialist or Patient Access Specialist; Or Minimum three or greater years’ experience in a leadership position.
Preferred License/Registrations/ Certification
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or Certified Medical Insurance Specialist (CMIS)
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising, organizing and monitoring the daily operation of the PAS department.
- Assists department manager with financial performance as it relates to expenses, departmental budgets and point of service cash collection processes
- Works closely with management of clinical areas to provide efficient operation of departmental processes to ensure a positive patient experience
- Responsible for all work queue items for distribution and resolution within 48 hours of receipt
- Identify all registration occurrence trends based on work queue items and provide education of steps to prevent future avoidable occurrences
- Conducts compliance audits i.e. HICO, Integrity, RTE, etc. and document account findings and follows up with associates
- Communicate all wait times, customer concerns, account denials & medical order issue trends to manager in order to positively affect the patient financial and customer service experience
- Monitors continuing education for existing associates for efficient and effective department operation stability
- Assists manager with hiring and supervising of training of new PAS associates
- Performs associate and patient rounding
- Assists with or Creates and maintains associate work schedule
- Approves or denies PTO requests to ensure adequate department staff coverage when instructed by manager
- Flex staffing up/down per departmental volume
- Prepares for manager approval department work schedule for all shifts
- Takes call for nights, holidays and weekends as determined by department manager
- Accountable for associates who call in for work and determines readjustment of staffing needs for adequate departmental coverage
- Timekeeper responsibilities in payroll system.
- Prepare for and attend required and as needed meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent typing/keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy in inputting data
- Maintain a professional work relationship with management
- Ensure proper utilization of computer systems to facilitate efficient and effective work flow processes
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to complete detailed oriented work
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Prioritizing work responsibilities is a must in order to facilitate effective time management for task completion
- Must be able to work well under stress in order to meet the requirements and deadlines of a busy department
- Must be able to embrace and adapt to an ever changing work environment while encouraging others to accept the change in a positive manner
- Must be in good physical condition, have adequate vision in daily work, good hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Always exhibit and maintain a professional appearance
- Must be able to withstand many hours of sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to function effectively in stressful and demanding situations
- Accepts constructive coaching in the spirt in which it is given
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas features 235 physicians in 20 specialty areas, and is structured to provide both patients and caregivers the ability to form strong relationships and create medical homes. Medical Group of the Carolinas includes a large number of conveniently-located primary care physician offices, 18 of which have been recognized as Physician Practice Connections-Patient Centered Medical Homes. It also offers five OB/GYN practices at six locations for women's health, two pediatric practices, as well as experienced specialty providers.