EPIC Application Coordinator (Bridges / HL7 / Cloverleaf)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Enterprise Apps Infrastructure
- Full-Time - Days
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E12
- Req #: 38637
The EPIC Application Coordinator will function as an Integration Engineer and have primary responsibility for the design, build / configuration, testing, validation and ongoing support of the EPIC Bridges and Cloverleaf interface engine.
Expectations of the EPIC Application Coordinator role include:
- Implement and support EPIC Bridges and Cloverleaf interface engine
- Knowledge of HL7 standards including message structures of ADT, ORM, ORU, DFT, MFN
- Must be able to interpret HL7 specifications
- Experience with building/supporting application infrastructure that utilizes a VPN connection
- Must have a technical understanding of how build decisions affect patient registration, scheduling, orders, and results
- Familiarity with Inpatient and Outpatient workflows is a preference.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of Healthcare experience (prefer 7+ years of Healthcare experience)
- Epic Bridges certification
Responsibilities and Tasks that define this role:
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization's business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design. Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
- Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
- Review and test new software releases.
- Additional duties as assigned.