Enterprise Intelligence Developer (Beaker)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Revenue Cycle Support Systems
- Full-Time - Days - 8a-5p
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E11
- Req #: 38812
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System is implementing Beaker and seeks a Beaker BID for this Enterprise Intelligence Developer (EID) role.
- EID analyze, provide specifications for, and write individual reports and data extracts for various applications across the organization.
- EID’s are responsible for validating model/foundation reports and identifying advanced reporting needs for the organization.
- EID will create technical specifications and outputs for new requests and build using the appropriate methodology in the business intelligence stack.
- EID will assist in maintaining a single source of truth for data across the organization, by contributing to the ongoing maintenance and development of our enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence offerings.
- A degree in computer sciences, math, or information systems.
- Minimum 1-5 Years of Business Intelligence or comparable development experience, preferably in a Healthcare related field.
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate T-SQL development skills
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with report writing tools:
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure, through training that occurs early in the implementation.
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the data model through data model classes geared toward specific Epic applications. This includes the Cogito Clinical Data Model and Beaker certifications.
- Ability to determine data structures that benefit the entire reporting environment
- For financial reporting: Prior experience working with an AR system is desirable, but not required.
Licenses / Registrations / Certifications
- Preferred: Epic Certifications in Radar, Reporting Workbench Administration, Clarity Data Model for any of the following: EpicCare Ambulatory, ASAP, Anesthesia, Optime, EpicCare Inpatient, Willow, Stork, Resolute Hospital Billing, Resolute Professional Billing, Grand Central, ADT, Cadence
Core Job Responsibilities
- Validating Foundation System reports and identifying advanced analytics needs with report consumers
- Meeting with Application Reporting Leads and requestors to understand their data needs
- Creating design specifications for new reports
- Identifying and validating the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
- Creating new reports, using a third-party report writing tool such as Crystal reports, to display Clarity data
- Developing complex SQL queries against various data models
- Modifying existing reports, as necessary
- Distributing Clarity reports to report consumers using Epic-Crystal integration
- Reviewing peer reports for validity
- Testing report build in a specified testing environment, and volume testing in live environments
- Reviewing upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content, and determining how to implement the changes
- Design and maintain dimensional data warehouse and ETL processes to integrate data from multiple sources.
- Business intelligence developers are also responsible for building:
- Reports to query the Cogito Data Warehouse