REMOTE Epic Grand Central (ADT) and Prelude Application Coordinator
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Revenue Cycle Support Systems
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E12
- Req #: 38815
Epic Grand Central (ADT) and Prelude Application Coordinator
The Epic Application Coordinator will design, build, configure, test, validate and provide ongoing support of the EPIC application, specifically the Grand Central (ADT) and Prelude modules.
What You Will Do
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and operational workflows to be implemented and optimized by attending application support training and completing application certification projects and tests.
- Understand of the organization and the user community in the application coordinator’s assigned area
- Lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities
- Probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
- Become familiar with the integration points with other areas of business, such as authorization/pre-certification and ADT interfaces to downstream applications.
- Understand the organization’s current registration and bed management processes.
What You Will Need
- Required: Associate Degree
- Required: 5 years of Healthcare IT experience
- Will consider GrandCentral / ADT or Prelude PT experience
- Will consider other IT software development experience
- Required: Epic Certification.
- Must complete required training for product implementation, and pass certification within 90 days of completion of training, if not already certified.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Preferred: 7 years of Healthcare experience
Core Job Responsibilities
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
- Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.