Information Systems Manager (Server Team)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Technical Services
- Full-Time - Days
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E15
- Req #: 38973
Manages professional and technical staff by providing project leadership and direction for the development of new systems and application programs and the maintenance of existing operational systems and programs.
What to Expect:
- Supervise staff members that provide support for core enterprise services such as Email, Citrix, Remote access, SRHS systems, data center management (core location and back-up locations), and storage solutions.
- Support/Manage EPIC Hosting agreements, Microsoft Licensing agreements, Cloud based initiatives for Azure Cloud, and all budgets
- Provide resources for new application installations and upgrade projects.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: 3-5 years senior level IS related experience
- Preferred: Post graduate education or training
Core Job Responsibilities
- Organizes personnel into project teams and delegates work projects. Oversees the daily operations of security teams.
- Defines systems and programming standards. Demonstrates knowledge and application in the acquisition, development, implementation and maintenance of systems.
- Has the highest level of understanding of the Information System’s business systems and customer requirements and needs.
- Focuses on high-level process analysis, builds upon customer’s view point, customer needs, in developing mapping processes. Creates process change by bringing needs to Information Systems (IS) senior management through developed reporting mechanisms.
- Manages activities of a stall of analysts, programmers and systems administrators. Manages human resources activities such as, performance management, staff development, performance evaluations and scheduling. Applies and recommends personnel policies and objectives of the organization. Evaluates progress and results regarding information services activities and goal attainment.
- Keeps informed of new developments and trends; makes recommendations to senior management on desirable additions or replacements.
- Serves as a contact for vendors of equipment and services. Develops relationships with vendors and investigates sources of equipment and services. Evaluates vendor cost and quality of services.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently.
- Must be able to withstand the stress and demands of constant change.
- Must be able to withstand long hours of sitting in front of a computer.
- Must be able to think clearly and quickly in high pressure/high volume environment.
- Manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination and adequate vision needed in daily work.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work as a team member with Information Services staff, hospital staff and vendors.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of information services objectives and strategies.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations and organization skills.
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.