- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Fiscal Services
- Job Grade E10
- Req #: 39080
Reporting directly to the Manager – Financial II (Accounting), the Analyst-Financial III (Accounting) is responsible for consolidating and analyzing financial data of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. This position applies generally accepted accounting principles to perform assigned general accounting duties related to the creation and completion of accurate accounting analysis and transactions necessary for the development of timely and accurate financial reporting. This position will develop, edit, update, and maintain workpapers for assigned areas of responsibility. Understands business processes and procedures and identifies areas of improvement. Prepares financial schedules and analysis, adjusting journal entries, account reconciliations, completion of regulatory required processes as required by specific job role. Gathers, analyzes and documents business requirements to fulfill processes. Occasionally works over the standard required work hours to accomplish job tasks and to propel area forward. This position includes but is not limited to accounting processes related to revenue and accounts receivable of departments of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field
Preferred: MBA, MS in business, accounting or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Strong MS Office skills required.
- Must be efficient on PC using Windows based spreadsheet and use of ten-key calculator by touch.
- Must be efficient in use of Windows operating system.
- 5-10 years of relevant accounting experience, healthcare accounting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Infor Lawson general ledger system.
- Experience with Epic EMR hospital billing and physician billing modules.
- CPA preferred
- Attention to Detail and Dependability
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Initiative and Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Influencing and Relationship Skills
- Customer Service
The Financial Analyst III will predominately have intermediate rankings for the above competencies.