REMOTE EPIC Application Coordinator (Optime Anesthesia)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Ancillary Systems
- Full-Time - Days - 8am-5pm
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E12
- Req #: 39264
EPIC Application Coordinator (Optime Anesthesia)
The EPIC Anesthesia Application Coordinator will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring / utilizing knowledge of the operational workflows to be implemented with the EPIC system. The Application Coordinator will gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending application support training and completing application certification projects and tests.
Key abilities for this role include:
- Understanding of the organization and the user community in the Application Coordinator’s assigned area
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built.
The Application Coordinator for Epic Anesthesia should have an in-depth knowledge of anesthesia information system and workflows. Specifically, this individual should be familiar with:
- Current scheduling workflows, resource management, and workflows that involve anesthesia staff throughout your organization.
- The ways in which anesthesiologists work with other departments at your organization, including the OR, procedural areas, the ED, and L&D.
- The technical requirements of device integration, Capsule, with the anesthesia record.
- Well-versed in federal, state, and hospital policies related to anesthesia documentation.
- Required: An associate or higher or related applicable experience.
- Preferred: 5 years of Healthcare IT experience
- Will consider other Epic Optime/Epic Anesthesia experience
- Will consider other IT software development experience.
- Anesthesia: Must complete required training for product implementation, and pass certification within 45 days of completion of training.
- Optime: This position will also require Optime proficiency within 45 days of completion of training- complete within 6 months of hire.
Epic Application Coordinator Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
- Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
- Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
- Review and test new software releases.