Financial Analyst (Decision Support & Epic Contract Modeling)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Financial Analysis & Support
- Full-Time - Days - 8:30AM - 5PM
- Job Grade E11
- Req #: 39541
The Financial Analyst helps to maintain the insurance contract modeling application in Epic.
In addition, this role will perform the following:
- Help update and maintain various fee schedules and reimbursement models for Medicare and commercial insurance payers.
- Analyze variances to compare actual to expected reimbursement.
- Work with revenue cycle staff to help resolve issues relating to contract variances.
- Work on various financial analysis projects using the decision support system.
- Complete financial reporting and analysis related to reimbursement, service line profitability, and patient level reporting.
- Assist with improving the cost accounting process.
- Assist in the net revenue component of the annual budget process.
The position will utilize Microsoft Excel and Access on a routine basis and will need to be an intermediate user of these products.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- 5 - 10 Years financial planning and analysis, reimbursement, cost analysis in a hospital or health related field
- Hospital accounting / finance / DSS experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Science or closely related field required (Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare Administration preferred)
- CPA / CMA / or HFMA certification is preferred
- Epic certification in contract modeling preferred
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System has the following defined career path and job codes available for the Financial Analyst job title:
- Financial Analyst I (E8)
- Financial Analyst II (E9)
- Financial Analyst III (E10)
- Senior Financial Analyst I (E11)
- Senior Financial Analyst II (E12)
- Senior Financial Analyst III (E13)