Desktop Support Specialist
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- IT - DESKTOP SERVICES
- Information Technology
- Job Grade 017
- Req #: 39783
This position is responsible for the day-to-day support of the desktop and wireless laptop computing environment. Primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and support of all desktop hardware and software according to departmental standards and procedures. Assists and coordinates implementation of hardware install / upgrades, OS install / upgrades, software install / upgrades, clean/remove malware, and other desktop projects as needed. Install, move, and configure hardware components & peripherals. Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of client device and network problems for end users. Complies with all SRHS and IT policies and procedures.
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Trade School or Associate Degree in Computer Training
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience with deployment / support and troubleshooting of all PC related equipment. This includes, but is not limited to desktop PC’s, laptops, PC peripherals and printers.
- Deployment, support and troubleshooting of PC based Applications. This includes, but is not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Shrink-wrapped applications, and internal applications. Deployment, support and troubleshooting of Wireless Devices. This includes but is not limited to any Smart Mobile devices.
- 3+ years of desktop support experience
- Preferred: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Core Job Responsibilities
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming incident and change tickets for clients experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to Desktop Specialist II in accordance with Desktop Services SOP for ticket escalations.
- Log and track client issues using problem management database and maintain historical records and related problem documentation.
- Assist in implementing internal moves and changes for IT equipment and coordinating moves with IT Project Coordinator.
- Perform imaging and conditioning of all IT equipment
- After- hours on call assistance when scheduled for all priority incidents and problems.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to computers, including replacement of hard drives, memory among other things
- Provide hardware equipment installation, removal and relocation services for both local and remote sites.
- Uphold all relevant enterprise policies to ensure compatibility.
- Work within a team environment, on multiple projects as both team leader and team member.
- Participate in daily, including evenings, on-call support for the medical center’s information services operations.
- Work within a call center environment to resolve, create, and assign trouble tickets.
- This job description documents only the most essential duties and responsibilities of the job and does not relieve the employee from performing other job-related duties as assigned.