IT Project Coordinator
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- IT - SECURITY
- Full-Time 8a-5p
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E12
- Req #: 39898
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Project Coordinator will:
- Allocate resources and direct the efforts of professional and technical staff, third-party contractors.
- Deliver projects according to plan.
- Lead, plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life-cycle.
- Must be able to work directly with all levels of staff and senior leadership, successfully manage multiple complex projects, and work independently.
- Previous experience on Six-Sigma-led projects is highly desired.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PMBOK is highly desired.
- IT Project Coordinators will function as an IT Project Engineer for SHRS IT.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 7 years of project management experience, with 1 to 3 years of senior level IT-related experience
- Master’s Degree
- 5 to 10 years of related IT experience
- PMP or Six Sigma
Core Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership managing people, budgets, projects, and processes. Ability to elicit cooperation and support from senior management and other departments.
- Organizes personnel into project teams and delegates project work
- Oversees the daily operational aspects of projects and project teams
- Leads, coaches, and motivates project team members on a proactive basis
- Has the highest level of understanding of business needs and customer requirements
- Works with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete project charters – outlining the project scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing
- Manages project development from initiation to closur
- Effectively manages project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved
- Determines if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan. If required, recruit and mange appropriated staffing resources
- Tracks and reports on project milestones, deliverables and provide timely status reports to sponsor
- Establishes project metrics and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Remains abreast of the latest industry developments and trends; makes recommendations to senior management
- Serves as a contact for vendors of equipment and services. Develops relationships with vendors and investigates sources of equipment and services. Evaluates vendor costs and quality of services
- Works with other information services personnel and service providers to solve technical problems
- Works within a team environment on multiple projects both as a leader and team member
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Excellent knowledge of information services objectives and strategies. Excellent management skills. Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills. Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.