This job posting is no longer active.
- Spartanburg, SC
- Spartanburg Medical Center
- Ambulance Svcs
- Full-Time - Varied Shifts - Multiple Shift Options
- Job Grade 010
- Req #: 40153
Provides basic life support care in a hospital based ambulance setting to include routine transports, and assisting with critical care level transports. Position requires frequent lifting and moving of patients, operating with limited direct supervision, and operating ambulances and other vehicles as needed.
- High School Diploma
- May be entry level
- SC DHEC-EMT
- National Registry EMT-B (except for SC DHEC certified EMT’s who are not required to maintain national registry)
- CPR-Healthcare Provider
- Driver License with no more than 2 at fault or moving violations in a three-year period.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Provide patient care per protocols, transfer orders, and state regulations.
- Safely operate ambulance in all weather conditions.
- Properly move lift and move patients, stretchers, and equipment, without injury to the associate or patient.
- Complete electronic and paper documentation accurately and completely for each transport.
- Provides age specific and culturally appropriate patient care through knowledge of growth and development.
- Maintains all required certification and attends required in-service training to maintain base knowledge and skills.
- Work in all weather conditions, which may include extremes in temperature and precipitation.
- Maintain knowledge and skill to operate all equipment on ambulance correctly.
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.