Clinical Analyst (Epic Willow)
- Spartanburg, SC
- Home Office: 700 N Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- IT - ANCILLARY SYSTEMS
- Full-Time - Days (weekends as needed) - 8am-5pm
- Information Technology
- Job Grade E15
- Req #: 40420
The EPIC Willow Clinical Analyst will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring / utilizing knowledge of the operational workflows to be implemented with the EPIC system. The Clinical Analyst will have in-depth knowledge of the software and maintain Willow certification.
Key abilities for this role include:
- Understanding of the organization and the user community in the Clinical Analysts assigned area.
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built.
- This position requires a high degree of independence.
- Provide pharmaceutical clinical knowledge and expertise to the Epic Willow application.
- Viewed as a trusted resource to clinical clients (i.e., physicians, nurses, pharmacist, etc.) and other Epic team members.
The Application Coordinator for Epic Willow should have an in-depth knowledge of inpatient pharmacy operations workflows. Specifically, this individual should be familiar with:
- A general knowledge of how various medications should be prescribed, ordered and filled.
- A technical understanding of how build decisions affect things like dose calculations, dispensing, billing, pharmacy automation (Omnicell/Med Carousel/Robot).
- Ideal candidate would have knowledge of all things pharmacy and Willow including, but not limited to the following:
- Medication build
- All aspects of medication billing
- Dispensing workflows
- Orderset build
- Patient list / Patient Scoring build
- Reporting Workbench
- Required: Advanced degree in Pharmacy
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Pharmacy
- Required: 5 years of healthcare experience
- Preferred: 7 years of healthcare experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Required: Must be licensed as a Pharmacist. Must complete required training for product implementation, and pass certification within 45 days of completion of training
- Willow: Must complete required training for product implementation, and pass certification within 45 days of completion of training.
- Bugsy: This position will also require Bugsy proficiency within 45 days of completion of training- complete within 6 months of hire.
- Will consider of Epic Experience; Omnicell.
- Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
- Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
- Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
- Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
- Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
- Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
- Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
- Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
- Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
- Follow established guidelines for system change control.
- Identify potential system enhancement needs.
- Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
- Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
- Review and test new software releases.